There are a few specific items that can be purchased outside of U Market. Due to the nature of these products, they require a few extra steps to order. Please see below for a list of items, including ordering instructions.
Non-denatured alcohol is available for research use and is restricted to approved internal customers only. This alcohol is sold under State and Federal regulation and prior approval must be obtained from the Department of Environmental Health and Safety. Ordering alcohol is a two-step process:
- Place your order in U Market and process it through the requester into EFS.
- Complete the order form for alcohol and email it to [email protected] Orders for alcohol will not be filled and delivered until the approval form is received.
You must complete a new form each time you order. It is best to order alcohol on its own PO in case the order is held up. For more information on ordering alcohol, contact U Market Customer Support at 612-624-4878, [email protected]
Compressed gas in cylinders can be ordered through U Market by following this simple guide. A daily rental fee (demurrage) is charged by U Market Services on all cylinders. Rent is billed monthly and records are available in eStatement.
If you have any questions regarding cylinder rental or returns, contact Customer Support by calling 612-624-4878 or emailing [email protected]. If you have any questions regarding cylinder fees, contact Shermaine Holst by calling 612-624-1346 or emailing [email protected].
To return a cylinder to U Market Services' please fill out this form.
Dry Ice cannot be ordered through U Market due to the handling and timing of shipments. U Market Services will process dry ice orders using a blanket purchase order, or a valid chart string.
Departments can arrange dry ice purchases by calling U Market Customer Support at 612-624-4878 or emailing [email protected]
Dry ice orders have a cutoff time of 2 p.m. Dry ice ordered after that time will not be eligible for next day delivery.
Rubber stamps can be ordered through U Market Services. To do, just follow these easy steps:
- Fill out the order form and email it to Wendell’s at [email protected]. Use one form for each product you are ordering.
- U Market Services will contact you with the product number and price.
- Generate a purchase order in EFS to U Market Services using the product number and price. No stamps will be produced until a EFS purchase order is received by U Market Services.
- The rubber stamp order will be processed upon receipt of the purchase order at U Market Services. It will take approximately 2 weeks to complete the order from the time the purchase order is received by Wendell’s.